How can a Health Savings Account (HSA) help me pay for medical and long-term care premiums and expenses in retirement?
Retirement Smart Webinar #4 by Peter Stahl, CFP®, Founder, Bedrock Business Results; WealthWatch
We underestimate how much of our retirement income will be spent on health care costs. Health savings accounts (HSAs) are well suited to fill this void by offering superior tax efficiency today coupled with the flexibility to meet a retiree’s changing needs as they age. Although not every American can have an HSA, this savings account option is increasingly available to workers as part of their employer-sponsored benefits package or for self-employed individuals with high deductible health plans.
Three things you need to know:
1. Learn about HSAs and how they compare to other tax-deferred savings programs.
2. Understand how HSAs can be invested and how to maximize savings via HSAs.
3. Understand how HSAs can help with your retiree health care costs.
Be Retirement Smart!
Weekly education for Future Retirees
What will I learn?
You want to know, “How can I afford to retire?”
We’ve compiled a group of industry leading experts who have spent decades determining the answer to that and other questions to help each of us to afford retirement the way we have always wanted to. They have compiled nine in-depth webinars on topics pre-retirees need to know, presented weekly for you to learn, review, and understand as you pursue your own retirement.
Read the topic question for each of the nine webinars at the right.
- See full descriptions of each webinar broadcast here.
- Ready to begin learning? Register now for the next series of nine webinar broadcasts released every Monday nine weeks.
How does it work?
Each week for nine weeks we introduce a new webinar on a topic future retirees need to know. Webinars may be viewed on desktops, laptops, tablets, and phones.
- Download the pdf with course descriptions available for taking notes to help capture your next steps and create your personal action plan.
- Print a Certificate of Completion after viewing the final webinar.
We recommend that you then take your Action Plans and Certificate to your advisor or find one who can help you implement what you’ve identified as important to do or further explore to secure your retirement.
What if I start late, miss a session, or just want to review?
- No worries if you start late or miss the intruction of a webinar — You may replay programs on demand after they are released whenever is most convenient for you.
- Webinars will remain available for your review for one year after release.
View this and other webinars in the series, risk-free for 30 days!
Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
We know that you will be pleased with your purchase of the Retirement Smart Educational Series for Future Retirees. If, however, you are not completely satisfied notify us within 30 days of your purchase to receive a full refund of your fee.